Wednesday, March 3, 2010

ALL DONE!!! First day out...

Okay technically, I kinda threw in the towel late yesterday afternoon, making it a 6.5 day cleanse. It just got to the point where my body couldn't do it anymore... even drinking the lemonade was making me gag. I don't know what caused it, if it was just because I was moody and grumpy, but I just couldn't do it anymore.


I only drank a cup or so of the lemonade, a peppermint tea, and loads of water. By noon or so, I felt so weak I couldn't even get me and Emery dressed. The thought of walking to The Big Carrot (about a km each way) and then back was enough to make me want to faint. I was feeling very weak...



So Luke stopped by the Carrot to grab my grocery list. As soon as he came home I started making vegetable broth...and when it was done I just had to have some. It was the yummiest thing I have ever eaten, I kid you not. It felt SO good to feel the nutrition going into me. I pretty much immediately had a bowel movement...and there was nothing solid in the soup. I had strained it all out, it was just broth. Weird, huh?



That strange bruised-feeling in my underarm has subsided, but it's very faintly still there. It's down to about 20% of the pain that I felt yesterday. I did massage it yesterday and made sure to drybrush it before my shower too.



I also drank some fresh squeezed organic juice, 16 oz of it. It was Orange/Carrot/Apple/Beet and it tasted so good! I drank it with lots of water maybe 1.5 parts water to every 1 of the juice.



I felt so much better going into the evening last night after a couple of cups of the broth, the juice, and all that water. Oh yeah, I also had a container of Bio-K+ the non-dairy one. There's 50Billion live bacterial cultures in it...



This morning I had another container of the Bio-K+ and I blended a drink of Orange Juice, 1/3 banana, 1/3 apple, and a frozen pouch of organic acai berry, which I then strained to get the extra fiber out. I'll also have an Epsom Salt & Baking Soda bath to help further detoxify my skin and head out to pick up some Kombucha (another awesome source of probiotics).


All-in-all this has been a pretty good experience. I can't believe I didn't eat anything for 7 days! You REALLY have to want it... I think the mental block is what prevents people from either doing the cleanse, or from succeeding at it. The first 4 days were so easy. Day 5 was a little tough because I felt some cravings, but day 6 & 7 were definitely the hardest. Maybe if I wasn't in such a foul mood yesterday I might have been able to muscle my way through the day, but I was just too weak to fight it.



I still can't believe all the junk that was continuing to come out of my body all the way through the cleanse. If the medical community wants you to believe that things CAN'T get stuck inside your body, how do they explain that I was still having bowel movements SEVEN DAYS after I stopped eating?



People have reported that they have no cravings for meats after the cleanse. Although I am not craving it RIGHT NOW, I have craved it, and I probably will eat it again in the fairly near future. I just can't imagine my life without it. I figure I'll just do another cleanse in the fall to detox my body. I go for Organic groceries as often as possible (about 80% of the time), but with the exception of eating out, it will be 100% after this.


Luke's on Day 4 today and he's already dropped almost 10 lbs! You can see a visible difference along his waistline and he's very happy about it. Today will be his last day; he's far too busy with work right now and he just doesn't have the energy to get through the day on the Master Cleanse. His work is very exertive, and on top of that he gets a powerful brain fog that interferes with his paperwork. Crazy, isn't it?

So back to me.. :o) Today will be loads of water, broth, fruit and juices. I'll probably make vegetable soup...if my tummy feels up to it, I will probably have it for dinner (lots of broth, very little veggies). When I grab the Kombucha, I'll pick up some melons to nosh on too... Mmmmm if only I could wrap my melons in prosciutto.... mmmmmm......


:o)

No comments:

Post a Comment